As hard-charging entrepreneurs, it can be easy to focus so much on our business that we neglect our personal lives. What can we do to improve our marriages and relationships with our kids? Why is it so important for us to focus on our health and be consistent? What are some apps and tech tools we can use to be more efficient?
On this episode, Josh Smith joins us to discuss the behaviors, disciplines, and actions that can help us have success in all areas of our lives.
Takeaways + Tactics
- With the commission suppression coming in the industry, we have to do more volume— and that means means being more efficient.
- Do a DISC test with your partner and learn their love language. It will make it easier for you to understand each other.
- Have a designated time window to discuss concerns in your relationship so that it’s not a daily thing where you are dwelling on issues all the time.
- When it comes to your health, be consistent. However, if you fail and have a moment of weakness, don’t use it as an excuse to keep failing.
At the start of the show, we talked about how we can prepare ourselves as entrepreneurs and individuals for the changes coming in the industry. We talked about correlating the success of your marriage to the success of the business, and the importance of health and fitness in personal development. We also talked about time-saving and efficiency boosting apps.
We also discussed:
- The power of doing informational interviews
- How to bring gratitude to your marriage
- How to teach our kids about health
Success in business isn’t separate from success in our personal lives. All the pieces in our lives have to be optimized and dialed-in for success, including our relationships and health. In order to grow and improve, self-confrontation is important. We have to be okay with admitting the ways we’re not showing up and stop blaming our failures on other people. If we want to be more efficient with every moment of our lives and get away from things that aren’t the best use of our time, we have to be really intentional and always put energy towards what truly matters and moves us forward.