Many real estate teams are not selective enough in their hiring, and fail to properly invest in their people. This leads to low retention rates and other problems. How can we expand our hiring pool
to find people who are good fits for our teams? What is the future of hiring in real estate going to look like? Why are people with an athletic background such great hires?
On this episode, Nicole Dufala talks about building and managing the best systems, and plugging the right people into them.
"We love educating our agents, not just on traditional real estate. My goal is to make sure they are well-educated and are going to be in the business for a long time, making good money." -Nicole Dufala
Takeaways + Tactics
- In the future, real estate teams are going to invest in recruiting people who match the culture in terms of personality and behavior instead of hiring just anybody with a real estate license.
- Athletes are great for real estate because they are coachable, have a great mindset, and they push through the pain.
- If our agents aren’t having more conversations, they won’t get more business.
At the start of the show, Nicole shared why her team shifted from specialized agents to letting them work both sides of the transaction. Next, we talked about why real estate agents should be investing in property themselves. We also talked about what it takes to turn an agent into a highly productive and profitable individual.
We also discussed:
- Why Nicole thinks buyer's agents are going to be a thing of the past
- Why no piece of technology can replace the work we do
- How Nicole’s team holds agent accountable
If we want highly productive teams made up of people who are focused, accountable, and driven, it starts with how and why we hire. It’s more about finding people who match the culture, because they’ll thrive when plugged into our systems. There’s no system that will make the wrong people succeed, so it isn’t just about throwing bodies onto our team and hoping some will stick. It’s important to be intentional about how we grow our team and to keep developing as leaders.